Would You Like to See Lotta Livin’ on TV?
Then Please Show Your Support and Be a Fan of Modern Hostess Cherry Capri!
Lotta Livin’ Format
This 1/2 hour show will loosely follow the format of Martha Stewart Living.
- Cherry begins at the Futura House and introduces the theme for today’s show.
- Cherry immediately jumps in her car on a journey. She visits friends, factories, stores, museums, etc.that give her background about the theme and also inspire her to do something about it. After her road trip, Cherry returns home.
- Back at the Futura House Cherry will put what she has learned into practice through cooking or crafting segments.
- During every show, Cherry will be interrupted while right in the middle of a project. This running gag will put Cherry in all sorts of awkward predicaments as she is up to her knees in mud, up to her elbows in flour or other silly situations.
- The interruption will be a friend coming over to show her a fun video (DVD) related to the show’s theme. (Like the King of Cartoons on Pee Wee Playhouse)
- After the interruption, Cherry goes back to finish her project.
Finally, Cherry is visited by yet another friend who helps her spread the joy of what she has learned by planning a party or event or going out to the world to teach other people.
- Each segment is bookend-ed with the Gypsy Tiki band playing into and out of the segments. they show up in the oddest of places
200 show concepts have been outlined with plenty more ideas to come…
- Chit Chat with Cherry: interviews with experts in popular culture subjects
- Making History: background of products, places and services
- Road Trippin’: Road trips to discover places of Modern Living and Americana
- Shopping Safaris: Cherry visits stores to check out the latest stylish products.
- Crafting Corner: Modern related kitschy activities
- Picture Picture on the Wall: Prelinger Film Archives, misc. ephemeral films and cartoons
- Cooking in the Kitchen with Dyna: Drag Queen friends help with projects like Cooking with 7up and Colored Food!
- On The Town: Music and art, conferences, trade shows, parties and happenings
- Show and Tell: Friends and neighbors bring things for show and tell to see or do related to the shows theme
- Ask Miss Capri: Letters with questions and Miss Capri’s responses
- Hot Spot: Restaurant or bar that is related to the theme
- Diva Decorating: Around the house and outside
- Putting it Together: Party Scenes
- Be My Neighbor? Cherry shows up at an unexpected place to bring a little joy and style into someone’s life.
- Guest Interviews relating to the show’s theme
- Informational and Educational Segments: Lessons about the history or background of products, places and services
- Field Trips: Road trips across America to discover Modern Living.
- How-to Lessons: Modern related home improvement, crafts, cooking and cocktails. See the book “Pad.”
- Events: Music and Art, Conferences and Trade Shows, Related Happenings
- Places to Go: Fun restaurant or bar that is related to the theme of the show.
Best Buy, IKEA, J.C. Penney, Pier 1 Imports, Robinson’s May, Sears, Target, WalMart
Home Depot, Lowe’s, Orchard Supply
Sony, Electrolux, Ethan Allen, Eureka, KitchenAid, LazyBoy, Maytag, Miele
Capitol Records, Disney Home Video, New Line Cinema, Paramount Pictures, Rhino Records
Chevy Bel Air, Chrysler P.T. Cruiser, Cadillac, Ford T Bird and Mustang, General Motors, Infiniti, Pontiac GTO, Mustang, Auto Club
Aqua Net, Coca Cola, Country Time, Gap, Johnson & Johnson, Kraft, Liquors, Minute Maid, Nestle, Proctor & Gamble, Old Navy, Tide, Windex
American Airlines, Best Western, California Tourism, Orbitz, Priceline, Walt Disney World Vacations, Xpedia
Barnes and Noble, Chronicle Books, Cingular Wireless, eHarmony.com, Kodak, Match.com, Milton Bradley, Toys R Us, Verizon, T Mobile, Taschen Publishing
Make payments with PayPal – it’s fast, free and secure!
About This Site Site Usage Agreement Link to Lotta Living! Hosted by iTempo
Some Special Friends That Might Drop By on a Regular Basis
Charles Phoenix: Kitsch Culture Archivist, Humorist & Author
Charles hosts a hysterical-historical retro vacation slide show tour called God Bless Americana and has written a book by the same name. He also wrote Southern California in the 50s and the tour guide book Cruising the Horn of Plenty: Modern and Roadside Architecture in the Pomona Valley. He co-wrote Fabulous Las Vegas in the Fifties: Glitz, Glamour, and Games and Leis, Luaus, and Alohas: The Lure of Hawaii in the Fifties. Charles loves to show Cherry his latest film clips that teach a new lesson in Americana.
Jo Anne Worley, Crafting Neighbor Lady
JoAnne was a star on Laugh-In. She appeared in all the coolest retro shows on television from The Andy Williams Show, Hollywood Squares, Love Boat and more. She is still on TV rotation for her hilarious cameos on Mad About You and Caroline in the City. Ms. Worley was even the Honorary Mayor of Toluca Lake, CA and is a current spokesperson for Wicks Furniture.
El Vez, Minister of Music
Illegitimate son of Elvis and Charro, El Vez the Tex Mex Balladeer, has performed internationally for over ten years and has recorded 23 records to date! He appeared on an all Elvis impersonator version of the NBC series, the Weakest Link! His latest adventure is Teatro ZinZanni, a nostalgic mock-glamour and nouvelle circus entertainment, performed in a 1910 spiegeltent (mirrored tent).