On February 13 of 2001, On the Town had a Valentines show with special guest, David Presby from the “David and Peter Show with Miriam.” We discussed ‘Tips for Last Minute Modern Romance!’ Whether you have someone special in your life or the someone special is YOU! Learn how to make a magical evening (or day) happen – just like they do in the Movies!
About David and Peter Show with Miriam
Each week the hosts-David Presby and Peter Goldman-draw selections from their personal record collections of songs from Broadway musicals, paying tribute to the stars and songs that all of America listens to in every conceivable form. David and Peter are joined on the show by their den mother Miriam Billington, who also acts as their producer. Not merely devoted to original cast recordings, The David and Peter Show with Miriam showcases everything the world of Broadway musicals has to offer.What do Cher, Liberace, and Ethel Merman have in common? They all have recorded “The Impossible Dream” from “Man of La Mancha” and they can be heard in all their glory on The David and Peter Show with Miriam -Broadway Like You’ve Never Heard it Before! It airs Thursdays from 9pm to 12am on KCSN 88.5 FM.
Romantic Music Recommendations:
- Frank Sinatra “Songs for Swinging Lovers” (1956)
- Frank Sinatra “Come Dance with Me”
- Frank Sinatra “Come Fly With Me”
- Frank Sinatra “In the Wee Small Hours” (more melancholy)Brazilia – perfect for romance!!!
- “Frances Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim” (Brazilia from 1967)
- Antonio Carlos Jobim “Wave”
- Getz / Gilberto (on Verve from 1963)
- John Coltrane Ballads
- John Coltrane and Johnny Hartman (Jazz with vocals)
- John Coltrane “The Gentle Side of John Coltrane”
- John Coltrane Plays the Blues (a little more avant garde)
Movie and Show Tunes: